New Series II Overhead Door wall console (part #39166R) replaces parts # 38067R and is compatible will all Overhead Door Series II Odyssey and Destiny series garage door openers manufactured after 9/24/12.
The new wall console features:
- Back light An indicator back light will display red when the wall console is properly wired and the Sure-Lock feature is set to OFF. When the Sure-Lock feature is ON, the indicator back light will be off.
- Open/Close Button This button opens or closes the garage door. When the Sure-Lock feature is ON the Open/Close button will CLOSE the garage door only.
- Independent Light Console Button This button is used to turn the power head lights ON. Power head lighting will remain ON until this button is pressed again or a door action has been completed.
- Sure-Lock Button When the Sure-Lock feature is ON and the garage door is in the fully closed position, the power head cannot be activated by the wall console or a remote control.
- The new wall console can be used in any Overhead Door Odyssey or Destiny series garage door opener manufactured after 9/24/12 and can be ordered using part #38067R.
- The new wall console can also be used with any series II Overhead Door garage door openers such as the Legacy 696 or 496 models, Python II and even the Legacy 800.
Part Number: 38067, 38067R, OCWC2-BX, 39166R, OCWCSL2-BX, 761825018976
7 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I was having difficulty with my old one, which had been in service for 19 years. Installation of the new one was very easy. The opener button is much more prominent on the new one, which makes opening the door easier. It also has a strong light on the button that makes in easy to find if you do not turn on an overhead light.
Got quick response to pre-order question about which wall console to use with legacy device and post-order question about wiring. Easy install - works well.
I ordered two of the Overhead Door Wall Consoles. After using them for a few weeks I can say they are the best replacements to date. Work great!
easy to reinstall
Easy! Remove the old one by pulling the cover off then removing the screws. I had a plastic wall mounting plate I needed to remove. Then connect the two wires as directed. Attach the device to the wall with the mounting screws. Works great. Love the big back lite open button, easy to find in the dark
no problems but the price is a little out of line especially adding shipping on the end
First off, it was great that they company set up the order with the explanation that the old door opening pad was discontinued and this was the replacement. Otherwise I would have thought I could not replace the old pad.
The replacement came very quickly. That was a nice surprise.
I was kind of taken aback at the price. This is a pretty basic console.
And I was taken aback that the other console didn't last longer. It was not that old.
Last but not least...I put the wire to the terminals according to the instructions. There are only two wires. 50-50 chance. But white is white and that is where I hooked up the white wire and I didn't get the red backlight on the console. Everything else worked...but no red light. So I switched the wires to the terminals and the light and the other functions worked. No big deal but...interesting. Anyone can hook this console up but keep this in mind.
Again, not a bad experience but wonder why the old console didn't work longer.